dinsdag 15 februari 2011

San Telmo, my new neighborhood






So... we're in Buenos Aires. All the stories I heard about this city are true: alive, vibrant, inspiring. I'm still in the middle of exploring our new neighborhood, San Telmo, where will be living for one months. Because we have two small children, it probably takes a bit longer before we have seen everything. But because we walk in a slow pace, we won't miss a thing! San Telmo is divided in two parts by a big high way. We live in the more quiet part, in an amazing house (more about which later). Actually, we're surrounded by beautiful architecture, old and new. Run down or rebuilt. Near us is a small park, Parcue Lezama, some colorful shops, and two fantastic restaurants. Hierbabuena is good for lunch, with or without children, because they have great salads an the most delicious fresh raspberryjuice I have ever tasted. Nicely decorated with sparkling green tiles. A few doors down is Caseros, a sparsely decorated restaurant, very stylish and chic. We had a beautiful lunch there with family and friends, and we'll go there for dinner tonight. More about that later.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I love Buenos Aires! When I was there, I stayed in a boutique hotel west of San Telmo, on the other side of 9 de Julio street. Enjoy the gorgeous ferias!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. San Telmo has a special old charm, that for me defines the romantic, charming spirit of Buenos Aires. The neo-classical facades of antique buildings are crumbling, only becoming even more magical and beautiful, like the Hotels in San Telmo. The most vividly abstract and surreal graffiti art decorates cement walls like commissioned murals. It is ugly and beautiful and I love it.
    San Telmo is my favorite neighborhood of this city.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen